Privacy Notice— Berkeley Rand — Privacy Notice
In this notice, personal information means data which relates to an individual and which identifies that individual, either directly or indirectly, such as your name or your contact information.
Berkeley Rand limited operates globally and its domestic and foreign offices have a common data protection policy and common procedures.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal information, please contact BerkeleySquare@Berkeleyrand.com
Berkeley Rand limited as data controller (hereinafter referred as “Data Controller”) hereby informs users that it processes personal data provided by them using the Website according to the data minimization principle. In particular: identifying personal data (e-mail address, first name, last name, company name and position– hereinafter referred to as “data” or “personal data”) which is provided by users of the Website by filling out the contact form.
Who we are
Berkeley Rand Limited, Berkeley Square House, Berkeley Square, London, W1J 6BD, United Kingdom is a company focused on designing and co-ordinating experiential events, taking place on board and locations around the yacht’s navigational location of our clientele, during the expedition, specifically creating navigated journeys to remote regions of the world. We are a UK based company, registered with companies house UK (12497406). Berkeley Rand limited is part of BWA Yachting Limited, a UK registered company (04891570), trading as BWA Yachting SA, a Yachting Company based in Via Serafino Balestra 27 -Lugano 6900 CH- Switzerland. BWA Yachting SA exists to help managers, captains and crew with the increasing demands of managing a modern superyacht.
Information we may collect from you
- Information you give us: Registration is not required for you to use our Website. If you are merely a visitor, we do not collect any personal information about you. However, there may be circumstances in which you choose to contact us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone and email. The information you give us may include name, surname, email address, phone number, company name/name of the yacht, position. In these cases, Berkeley Rand limited may contact you to answer to your requests, provide you with more information about our services, inform you about any upcoming events or shows, or for other marketing purposes. If you make initial contact, you consent to Berkeley Rand limited maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can easily do at any stage) or until we decide to desist in promoting our services.
Purposes of the processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to manage and answer to your requests;
- providing you have given the necessary consent, to provide you with information about services we provide. If you decide at any time that you do not wish us to use your data in this way please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- providing you have given the necessary consent, to send you marketing communications
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive.)
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- The Data Controller’s staff deputed to the processing of personal data (including, but not limited to):
- Employees and consultants authorised to manage the Website and supply the related services (e.g. customer services, IT department, etc.) in their roles as processors of information or internal data processors and/or system administrators;
- The Data Controller’s employees and consultants in the marketing, finance, administration, accounting and other relevant departments, in their roles as processors of information and/or internal data processors;
- Third party companies (e.g. IT services providers, hosting providers, etc.) to which Berkeley Rand limited outsources some services involving processing operations in a role as external data processors.
- Selected third-parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, providing you have given the necessary consent. We don’t sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- to fulfill the obligation provided by the law, regulations, protocols and national legal requirements as well as EU legislation, as well as the laws, where they may differ from the European legislation, to include England and Wales;
- to implement laws required by public Authorities including the DPA of each member state where we operate;
- to allow the defence in court, for example, in case of violations by the web-users.
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How do we respond to legal requests?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others in the following circumstances:
- In response to a legal request, where we believe in good faith that the law requires us to do so. We can also respond to legal requests where we believe in good faith that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognised standards.
- When we believe in good faith it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorised use of our website or services, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
Where we store your data
The data that we collect from you will be stored in a destination inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and/or the United Kingdom and will not be transferred outside the EEA or the United Kingdom unless we have your explicit consent to such transfer and storage. Our servers are located in Europe. In any event, your data will only ever be transferred to organisations where an approved code of practice from the competent DPA in relation to data protection is adopted.
In any case, if personal data will be transferred to countries that do not provide the same level of protection, or in any case an adequate level of protection, Berkeley Rand limited will ensure that it will enter into specific contractual obligations according to the applicable data protection legislation (including the execution of the Standard Contractual Clauses as approved by the European Commission and the laws of England and Wales, should they differ, with each service provider, unless we can rely on any other legal basis for the transfer of personal data.
Berkeley Rand works to protect the confidentiality and security of information it obtains in the course of its business. Access to such information is limited and policies and procedures are in place, designed to safeguard the information from loss, misuse and improper disclosure.
Whilst we use strong encryption, both when your information is moving to or from our web services and also whilst your information is held by us, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although, we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Data retention policy
Berkeley Rand stores personal data for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which data are collected and further processed, including any retention period required under the applicable legislation (e.g. retention of accounting documentation) and subject to any applicable laws, for a maximum of 5 years from the storage of the personal data.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify, port, limit and erase your data. You can exercise those rights by contacting us at email@example.com
If, at any time, you want to verify, update or amend your personal data or preferences please write to us or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of your request.
You also have the right to object to and restrict certain processing of your data.
- the right to object to our processing of your data for direct marketing, which you can exercise by using the “unsubscribe” link in such marketing communications; and
- the right to object to our processing of your data where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com
Moreover, whilst we will obtain your consent prior to processing your data for marketing purposes or disclosing your data to third parties for marketing purposes, you have the right at any time to ask us not to process your personal data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to complain to the Supervisor Authority.
Social Media Plug-ins
This Website uses social media plug-ins furnished by the most important social networks (e.g. Facebook and Twitter). When visiting the webpage the browsing data may be transferred directly to the social networks concerned, even without users’ direct interaction. Users acknowledge and agree that the operation of social networks’ plug-ins is managed directly by the company that manages the corresponding plug-in. When users use the plug-ins available through the Website (e.g. log in with their access credentials to a social network, or link their accounts, click on the Facebook “Like” or “Share” button), the users’ browser establishes a direct connection with the server of that social network, which sends the contents of the plug-in directly to the users’ browser.
Most specifically, the social networks we use include:
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to social media. If you follow a link to any of these links, please note that these links and social media pages have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Berkeley Rand Limited you can write to email@example.com
If you do not get a response within 30 days you can then complain to the ICO. Please contact: ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
Date of Last Revision: September 10, 2021